Mi-PAREC is composed of members animated by a sacrificial spirit and volunteerism, who focus on social aspects in order to help the marginalized, such as displaced persons, repatriates, demobilized combatants, people affected by the Burundian civil war, people affected by sickness such as HIV/Aids, the poor, etc.
Mi-PAREC’s vision is to build a peaceful, fair and prosperous society.
Our mission is to strive to promote peace, community development, and social cohesion through trainings, peacebuilding and activities that bring people together.
- Integrity: We attach a great value individually to the integrity of personnel and in the way in which we engage with others in all aspects of work.
- Non-violence: Our actions and our words should reflect the qualities of a peacebuilder. We must to act in a way that doesn’t harm others. That is why our motto is “Mi-PAREC against all forms of violence.”
- Culture of learning: We firmly believe that no one is an expert in everything; but that every intervention should be an opportunity to learn a new lesson. We evaluate all interventions as if everyone has something to contribute which is why Mi-PAREC’s personnel are not teachers, but “facilitators” and the participants are not beneficiaries, but “neighbors.”
- Equality and fairness: Every person is created in the image of God. For this reason, we must treat people equally and fairly.
- Honesty and transparency: We should be honest and transparent in all that we do because we are not accountable only to people, but also before the Almighty.
- Love: We must love others in order to serve them. Without love, one becomes a mercenary.
- 1,217 visites